Join Walt Whitman Birthplace for a tea cup craft at a free arts festival in Heckscher Park, Huntington
Sunday, September 23, 2018, 12 to 4 PM (Rain date September 30, 2018)
Get ready to DRAW OUT! The Heckscher Museum of Art in Huntington invites all ages to the Museum and outside in beautiful Heckscher Park during this lively, free community event. Now in its 11th year, artists’ demonstrations, performances, games and hands-on art projects will inspire fun and creativity!
- Historical children’s game with WWBA
- Meet & watch demonstrations by Long Island Biennial exhibiting artists: Painting with Mario Bakalov and E. Craig Marcin & Mixed media with Inna Pashina
- Live Music on the terrace by Dead Ahead
- Paint by Heckscher Pond
- Sketch from a Live Model with artist Christian White
- Docent Tours throughout the Museum
- Larger-than-life Chess with Your Move Chess and Games
- Face painting & Huey bean bag toss
- and so much more!
This year, The Heckscher Museum of Art welcomes 10 local organizations to DRAW OUT!, each offering inviting art, games, and projects for kids and families. Participating organizations include Art League of Long Island; Huntington Art Center; Huntington Arts Council, Huntington Center for the Performing Arts; Huntington Fine Arts; Huntington Public Library; Northport Historical Society; Vanderbilt Museum; Walt Whitman Birthplace Association; and the Whaling Museum & Education Center of Cold Spring Harbor.
The first 200 guests will receive complimentary art materials generously provided by Grumbacher, Koh-I-Noor, and thalo.com