Have an event or meeting which you would like to host at the Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site and Interpretive Center?
Located in the cultural center of Long Island, the Walt Whitman Birthplace might be the right setting for your event. Our facility features:
- PA system, microphone and speakers
- Projector and screen
- Podium with light
- Seating for up to 50 adults in the multi-purpose room
- Groups of 100 may use the exhibit room
- Up to 12 people may use the Gathering House
- Chairs and tables/tableclothes (we do not provide food except for High Teas)
- TV capable of connecting to laptop wirelessly (for Powerpoint/Videos etc)
- Garbage removal
- Picnic tables
- Handicap-accessible restrooms
- Event staff to assist with setup, breakdown and run of event (on request, additional fee may apply depending on duties)
- Tours of historic Birthplace house (On request, additional one time fee for tours to be done during event. Large group events may require two guides to accommodate all guests)
- Interpretive Center museum space with stage and AV system perfect for readings, receptions, and performances.
PHOTOS: Exterior main entrance | Interior Space Panorama | Gift Shop
- Classroom with Chalkboard and ample seating for group discussions, classes and seminars.
- Gathering House with picturesque garden views for intimate gatherings, discussions, and art exhibitions.
PHOTOS: Exterior Entrance | Facilities and Sink | Seated setup for class or lecture | Table Setup
- Great Lawn with sculptures and art. Large glass doors in the interpretive center may be opened for an indoor/outdoor event.
PHOTOS: Panorama | Poetry Circle | Birthplace House
For current rates and more information, please call: 631-427-5240 or e-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org