How You Can Help
The Walt Whitman Birthplace Association is a non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of concerned friends, corporations, and foundations to support the financial needs and educational programs of the Walt Whitman Birthplace. There are many ways in which one can contribute.
The most common way in which individuals can contribute is by becoming a member of the Walt Whitman Birthplace Association.
For more information on membership click here.
Gifts of cash, securities, real property, bequests, annuities, and matching gifts may be designated for general annual operating purposes or they may be restricted to specific areas or projects.
To make a donation click here.
Commemorate an important event or person by taking part in the WWBA’s Commemorative Brick and Bench Program.
For more information about the Commemorative Brick and Bench Program click here.
- Use of a power washer machine for 2 day time period.
- Flowers and plants for continuing beautification of the Birthplace and grounds.
- Rare books – to build library.
- Whitman artifacts – to build upon our Whitman collection.
- Historical documents – to build our museum reference section.
- West Hills documents.
- 1850’s period antiques, clothing, and memorabilia.