Re-Scripting Walt Whitman
Re-Scripting Walt Whitman: An Introduction to his Life and Work
By Ed Folsom and Kenneth M. Price
This introductory guide to Walt Whitman weaves together the writer’s life with an examination of his works.
· An innovative introductory guide to Walt Whitman.
· Weaves together the writer’s life with an examination of his works.
· Focuses especially on Whitman’s evolving masterpiece Leaves of Grass.
· Examines the material conditions and products of Whitman’s “scripted life”, including his original manuscripts.
· Investigates Whitman’s “life in print” – his belief that he could literally embody himself in his books.